Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Great Bean

A while back, Hub bought me this exercise thing, and I got the notion in my head today that I was going to open it and check it out. Today was a day full of random notions, but this one took the cake. The exercise jobby is called the "Bean." It's like a chair thing that you sort of rock on, and it is supposed to make abdominal exercises easier and help decrease back pain. I'm all for decreasing back pain. So, we got it out of the box and blew it up. It is called the bean, I assume, because it looks like a giant kidney bean. This was my first use of the bean:

It makes a fantastic footstool, really. Epona was GREAT about leaving it alone...until I got on it to check it out.



We spent about 20 minutes on the bean...me on the bean, Epona on me, and Hub laughing his ass off. She thought it was great fun. *LOL* When I could finally get Epona to get off of me, I did check out the bean further, and it DID help my back pain a bit. If you flip it one way, it kind of rocks like a chair; and if you flip it the other way, you lie over the hump it creates, which pushes out the lower back (felt niiice). Somehow, I have the feeling that this will be used more for comfort and less for exercise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment