Sunday, October 31, 2010

The New Year

Oh how the new year comes so quickly.

Suffice it to say, friends, that this has been a difficult year.  I truly do believe that this has been the hardest year of my life.  But I made it through; I conquered the monster. 

I am stronger now because I believe in myself.
I am lighter now because I do not carry your weight.
I am more faithful now because I see you moving in my life.
I am more at peace now because there are not torrents of emotion blowing through my life.
I am comfortable in my skin now because I know that I belong here.
I am in love with myself again because I have proven my worth to myself.
I am humble because I had to be completely torn down to understand my own value.
I am ready to let go of so many things because I see how downtrodden they made me.
I am ready to face the future because I have conquered my past.

So, what do I expect for the new year?  I expect that I will make wiser decisions based upon the fact that I have weathered so many bad ones.  I expect that I will rely on friends and family who are supportive of me and who accept me unconditionally, without fail, and full of love.  I know that my circle is real.  I expect that I will be moving on into a new chapter of life, and I am looking forward to it immensely.  I expect that there will be bad times, but I know that they will be brief, and they will make me stronger.  I expect that I will continue to grow, learn, and accept things as they are without trying to force change.  I expect that I will be deepened in faith, my well continuing to accept new information, new paths to tread.

The wheel turns.  We cannot stop it.  Learn to enjoy the ride.
~fae

No comments:

Post a Comment