Tuesday, February 2, 2010

STRONGS

Guess what I did, you guys?

I started the walking program a few days early.  On Thursday of last week, I started doing stairs in my home.  At least three flights every day.  My dog looks at me like I am crazy, but I'm doing it.  I start the treadmill today.  And this all started from a very simple realization:

I don't feel strong, which means that I feel weak.

That is completely unacceptable in the new world.  Don't misunderstand me, having moments of weakness is ok.  Sometimes, you need to have moments of weakness, but feeling weak 24/7 is not ok.  And then, I started to think this:  I don't feel strong, and I am needy because I don't feel strong.  I cling because I don't feel strong.  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop because I don't feel strong.  And trust me when I say I am one of the neediest people I know.  Ask frog:  she calls me high maintenance, and I really think she's just being nice when she says it that way.

So, when all of this began to congeal in my head, I started looking for the weakest part of me.  I hunted high and low, but it really wasn't a hard search.  The weakest part of me is my body image and, therefore, my self-esteem physically.  With that in mind, the answer seemed simple.  Fix it.  Change the body image.  Literally, it was midnight when I did my first set of stairs.

The course is simple:  Make the body strong with the goal of making the body image strong.  One is tied to the other, and you can't do one without the other.  I'm going to get my strong on, you'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment