Friday, March 5, 2010

Grateful

1.warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful: I am grateful to you for your help.
2.expressing or actuated by gratitude: a grateful letter.
3.pleasing to the mind or senses; agreeable or welcome; refreshing: a grateful breeze.

You know I'm a word person, right?  So, when today's card came up, I immedately went to dictionary.com.  (The card was "I am grateful for...")  And I could take the easy way out and give you a list of 25 things I am grateful for, but things are just things.  Everything I have could burn down to the ground, and I would be alright.  Things are things.

This is going to blow your mind because it blew mine when I had the thought.

I am grateful for me.

I am filled with gratefulness for my own creation knowing I was created in this fashion for a purpose.  I am pleasing to myself, to my senses, to my spirit, to my mind.  I am welcome in and to myself.  Isn't that a turnaround from not so long ago?  I feel welcome to myself.  I feel grateful to myself because I have done a lot of hard work to get here.  I have gone through a lot to get to this position, but I put in a lot of work to get here.  I didn't just let it fall in my lap.  Did I need help?  Sure, but I recognized the need for help; and somehow, I managed to ask for it.

I am grateful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment