Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Monday, how I loathe...

It is probably going to be a pretty verbose day; so, I'm just going to let fly whatever comes to mind. First, the weekend recap:

Friday
I took Friday off from my full-time job because I was originally supposed to travel to Topeka to see Tammy. The trip had to be cancelled because both Tammy and I had a lot of stuff come down the pike all at once, and we both felt guilty about spending the money on ourselves. (Yes, we should have done it, but we still felt guilty.) So, I didn't go to Topeka. Instead, I spent the entire day working my lia sophia job. I printed out invitations for an upcoming party, I sorted and stuffed envelopes, and I went to the post office to put 50 postcard stamps on my outgoing invitations because the bastards don't use a machine any more. In between work stuff, I dragged Hub out to do some shopping. There were a few groceries on the list, but mostly I bought stuff I needed. Shampoo, a file cabinet, folders, etc. After getting my file cabinet set up, I worked some more! I set up my website (http://www.liasophia.com/sites/melissastigers) and made sure the address was on my business cards. I even did a little e-marketing, which was pretty cool. Ok...so that was Friday. OH! I also bought one of those Neutrogena face washer jobbies, and it's really neat! It's a facial massager and face washer thing, and I really like it. Totally pink, too.

Saturday
I did a lot of errand running on Saturday, actually. At 12:30 PM, I had my biweekly massage appointment (which I go to for migraine treatment). Following that, I had a hair-cut appointment (I'm adorable now). After that, I decided to rent some movies (see my reviews below), and I brought Taco Bell back to the pad for some Hub and fish time. Hub totally slept through Hub and fish time, though, because he'd played a charity softball tournament that morning, and he was exhaustified. So, fish had movie time without Hub. Here's what I rented and what I thought:
Good Luck Chuck - OK, this is completely a corny movie, but I loved it. I'm totally a Dane Cook groupie now. It was goofy but really fun. Love the sex montage, too. *LOL*
Street Kings - I've been on a Kee-nu kick for the last six months. I've been watching The Replacements, The Matrix, and any other sort of Kee-nu movie all over the place. This one, however, wasn't that great. He had kind of a New York greasy thing going on, and I didn't dig it at all. Plus, the movie was slower than hell.
Iron Man - For all of the hype, I wasn't really that impressed. It was a slow movie, and I didn't think it was all that great. There were a few funny moments in the movie, though. I was especially delighted when Stark (main character) flew himself backwards into a wall.
Lost Boys / Tribe - This is the sequel to the Lost Boys movie from the 80s. It was super corny in a LOT of places. Edgar Frog is....so stupid. However, I cannot tell a lie, and I've been singing "Thou Shalt Not Fall" since Saturday.

Sunday
My friend Jamie had an open house to promote her business on Sunday, and I was there for, like, five hours. I was so very pleased that she had a good turn-out, and she got four bookings from the open house! We hung out for a bit, and I played w/ her dog, Sassy. Sunday night, Hub and I tried to watch Iron Man; but again, Hub fell asleep. So, I watched it by myself; and then, I went to bed.

That brings us to today, which has kind of sucked. It's a Monday, what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment